OPEC+ panel shifts date of next meeting to Aug 19: sources - Reuters

FILE PHOTO: A 3D printed oil pump jack is seen in front of displayed stock graph and Opec logo in this illustration picture, April 14, 2020. REUTERS/Dado Ruvic/Illustration/File Photo

LONDON (Reuters) - An OPEC+ ministerial panel monitoring the group’s oil supply reduction deal will hold its next virtual meeting on Aug. 19, a day later than previously planned, three OPEC+ sources said on Friday, without giving a reason for the date change.

The panel, called the Joint Ministerial Monitoring Committee (JMMC), advises the Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries and allies including Russia, a group known as OPEC+.

OPEC+ has been cutting output since May to tackle the fallout from the COVID-19 pandemic.

Last month the JMMC recommended that the cut be eased from Aug. 1 to about 7.7 million barrels per day (bpd) from a reduction of 9.7 million bpd previously, in line with an earlier OPEC+ agreement. That change was implemented this month.

Russian Energy Minister Alexander Novak said on Thursday there have been no additional proposals to change the deal.

Reporting by Rania El Gamal, Ahmad Ghaddar and Alex Lawler; Editing by Jan Harvey