
Suspected US air strikes killed at least four people on Sunday in Yemen ’s rebel-held capital Sanaa, the Houthi-run health ministry said, while a bombing video posted by US President Donald Trump suggested casualties in the overall campaign might be higher than the rebels have acknowledged.
The strikes in Sanaa hit a home and injured 16 other people, the ministry said.
Earlier on Sunday, the Iranian-backed Houthis said suspected US air strikes killed at least two people overnight in rebel stronghold Saada and wounded nine others. Footage aired by the Houthis’ al-Masirah satellite news channel showed a strike collapsing what appeared to be a two-storey building. The rebels aired no footage from inside the building, which they described as a solar-power shop.
The intense campaign of US air strikes targeting the rebels over their attacks on shipping in Middle East waters – related to the Israel-Gaza war – has killed at least 69 people, according to casualty figures released by the Houthis.
The Houthis have not acknowledged any casualties among their security and military leadership – something challenged after an online video posted by Trump.