
Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu told residents of Gaza City on Monday to evacuate, as the military ramped up its deadly assault on the Palestinian territory’s largest urban centre.
Israel has been intensifying its bombardment of the city in preparation for an operation to conquer it, despite repeated entreaties from Western nations and aid agencies to stop.
Gaza’s civil defence agency meanwhile said at least 39 people had been killed by Israel, including 25 in Gaza City, on Monday.

The two gunmen were killed by a security officer and an armed civilian, police said.
Choose your listening speed
Get through articles 2x faster