
An explosion at a Chinese restaurant in central Kabul on Monday killed at least seven people and wounded more than a dozen others, emergency services said.
An Agence France-Presse journalist saw police cars and an ambulance at the scene following the blast on a street known for its flower sellers in the Shahr-e-Naw area.
Kabul police spokesman Khalid Zadran said the explosion happened at the Chinese Noodle restaurant, which he said mainly served Chinese Muslims.
“A Chinese Muslim ... and six Afghans were killed, and several others were wounded. The blast occurred near the kitchen,” Zadran said in a statement.
The police spokesman, who said the cause was under investigation, had earlier said the blast hit a hotel.
No group has claimed responsibility for the blast.
Choose your listening speed
Get through articles 2x faster