15 injured as 2 Hong Kong-bound coaches collide on Shenzhen Bay Bridge

The collision took place on the Shenzhen Bay Bridge. Photo: May Tse

At least 15 people sustained minor injuries on Sunday afternoon when two coaches collided on a Hong Kong-bound lane of the Shenzhen Bay Bridge.

Police said the accident involving two tour buses happened at 1.57pm on the slow lane of the cross-border link.

Emergency services were immediately dispatched to the scene, where they confirmed that at least 15 passengers had suffered minor injuries, the force said.

Hong Kong’s Transport Department announced that due to the accident, parts of the bridge’s Tuen Mun-bound lanes had been closed to all traffic. The move has resulted in heavy traffic along the remaining lanes.

More to follow …