Honda records its first-ever annual loss on a costly EV strategy
TOKYO (AP) — Honda racked up a 423.9 billion yen ($2.7 billion) loss Thursday, the first-ever full year loss for the Japanese automaker, acknowledging heavy costs for its electric-vehicle plans, stemming from President Donald Trump’s pro-U.S. policies.
The Japanese automaker said losses related to its are estimated to total 2.5 trillion yen ($16 billion), incurred mostly in the fiscal year just ended and the current fiscal year
Marina Mabrey leads expansion Toronto Tempo past Seattle Storm 86-73 for first WNBA win
TDSB shutting down Toronto Island Natural Science School after decades in operation
2 dead after daytime shooting outside Vaughan home, York Regional Police say
Ford government spent nearly $200K in fees after buying, quickly selling private jet: receipts
Judge quashes Alberta separation petition in favour of First Nations
An Alberta judge threw out a separatist referendum petition Wednesday, saying Premier Danielle Smith’s government had a duty to consult with First Nations.
Justice Shaina Leonard also said Alberta’s chief electoral officer should never have issued the petition.
Speaking on Wednesday, Smith called Leonard’s decision “incorrect” and “anti-democratic,” and said her government intends to appeal it.
“Although, our government does support Alberta remaining in Canada, we think that today’s decision by the court will deny opportunity to

Toronto distributing soccer-inspired condoms during World Cup to encourage all to ‘score safely’
Toronto is preparing to welcome hundreds of thousands of people from around the world as it hosts the FIFA World Cup 2026 this summer and the City is encouraging residents and visitors alike to play responsibly by promoting sexual safety in a whimsical and cheeky way.
Toronto Public Health (TPH) is handing out free condoms in World Cup-themed wrappers through its CondomTO program, backed by the tag line “Get ready to score safely.”
Six new designs play on soccer terminology, with captions like “what a finish

Ontario inspecting commercial truck driver colleges after scathing audit: minister
TORONTO — All Ontario career colleges that offer commercial truck driver training will have been inspected by the end of next month, the province’s minister of colleges and universities said Wednesday.
Nolan Quinn said the province has already inspected 14 colleges that offer the transport truck driver training and is set to look at the rest in the next six weeks.
The action comes after a scathing audit of the transport trucking industry revealed a slew of problems.
In a report released Tuesday, Ontario’s auditor general concluded the province was
Family of former Olympic skater killed in crash speaks in court ahead of sentencing
The family of a former Canadian Olympic figure skater killed in a 2023 car crash gave emotional victim impact statements in an Ontario court today, as a judge prepares to sentence the man who pleaded guilty to dangerous driving charges.
Sukhwinder Sidhu pleaded guilty in February to dangerous driving causing death and dangerous driving causing bodily harm in the crash that killed Alexandra Paul and injured her infant son in Melancthon Township, Ont.
An agreed statement of facts read in court says a truck was driving at a high rate of speed when
Ottawa asks defence industry for options on replacements for aging tank fleet
OTTAWA — The Canadian military is formally asking the defence industry to identify what companies can offer to either upgrade or replace Canada’s aging fleet of tanks.
The federal government published a request for information from potential suppliers so Ottawa can analyze options available on the market and start to draw up plans for future armoured land vehicle fleets.
A Canadian Army document published last year called “Inflection Point” warns that decades of fine tuning the military for counter-insurgency and peace operations had the side-effect of creating serious gaps in