Netanyahu and Trump are at odds over the war they started together

JERUSALEM (AP) — Israel’s latest strikes on Lebanon and Iran have made clear that U.S. President Donald Trump and Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, who started the war in lockstep, want different things.

Trump had publicly warned Israel not to strike Beirut in its war with Iran-backed Hezbollah militants. When it did, on Sunday, Iran responded by firing ballistic missiles at Israel for the first time since the April ceasefire. Israel then struck Iran, with which Trump has been engaged in weeks of

Add as a preferred source on Google

Federal judge strikes down Trump’s $100,000 fee on new H-1B visas

BOSTON (AP) — A federal judge on Monday struck down the Trump administration’s $100,000 fee on new H-1B visas , contradicting an earlier federal court ruling upholding the fee hike.

The administration announced the much-higher fee as a way of preventing foreign workers from taking American jobs.

But U.S. District Court Judge Leo Sorokin in Boston sided with 20 states and struck down the visa policy, concluding that the executive branch exceeded its authority and violated the

Add as a preferred source on Google

Gordie Howe International Bridge ribbon-cutting set to go ahead this week

WASHINGTON — A ribbon-cutting event for the long-awaited Gordie Howe International Bridge connecting Ontario and Michigan is set to go ahead later this week.

A source with knowledge of the plan, who is not authorized to speak about it publicly, said the event is tentatively scheduled for Friday.

The Detroit Free Press has reported that Gov. Gretchen Whitmer and former governor Rick Snyder are expected to attend. It is not clear when the bridge will be open to traffic.

The ribbon-cutting will mark an important step forward

Add as a preferred source on Google

Military sexual assault survivors say Bill C-11 will leave them with less choice

OTTAWA — Some survivors of military sexual misconduct said they were not listened to by the Liberal government, which comes as a major military justice reform bill nears its end stages in Parliament.

The bill would strip the military of its jurisdiction to investigate and prosecute sexual offences involving Canadian Forces members committed within the country, and hand it over to civilian police. The military would retain its jurisdiction over such cases outside of Canada.

Christine Wood, a former air force logistics officer who experienced sexual misconduct in the military, said survivors of

Add as a preferred source on Google

What’s the latest on rolling out transit signal priority measures on TTC Lines 5, 6?

City of Toronto staff were directed to carry out a number of improvements to speed up TTC Line 5 Eglinton and Line 6 Finch West trip times.

Massage therapist charged with sex assault on client

A massage therapist at a west end wellness clinic has been charged after he allegedly sexually assaulted a client, Toronto police say.

Investigators say a customer booked a massage at a clinic in the Bloor Street West and Runnymede Avenue area in May, 2026.

During the appointment, police allege the client was sexually assaulted.

On Friday, May 29, 2026, Matthew Moloney, 32, of Toronto, was arrested and charged with one count of sexual assault.

He’s scheduled to

Add as a preferred source on Google

Hulk Hogan died of natural causes, Florida police report says

MIAMI (AP) — Professional wrestling legend Hulk Hogan died of natural causes last year, according a report by Florida police that formally closes the investigation into his death.

The Clearwater Police Department released a 72-page report on Friday summarizing an exhaustive review of statements, medical records, surveillance footage and a visual inspection of the body. Hogan, whose real name was Terry Bollea, died last July 24 at age 71.

“There has been no evidence to indicate the death of Terry Bollea was anything other

Add as a preferred source on Google

Earthquake with 6.1 magnitude hits offshore Cuba, shaking buildings in Havana

HAVANA (AP) — A 6.1 magnitude earthquake struck near western Cuba on Monday, shaking buildings in Havana and beyond.

No injuries or damage were immediately reported.

The quake struck at a depth of six miles (10 kilometers) in waters just west of the capital, according to the U.S. Geological Survey.

Flavia Pupo, a manager at the Pinar del Río hotel, in Pinar del Rio, described how the building shook and caused some fear.

“Everyone here is OK,

Add as a preferred source on Google

Toronto man facing 16 charges for allegedly sexually assaulting, threatening victim

Toronto police have arrested a man accused of committing several alleged crimes against a person known to him over the course of nine months.

Police say the alleged offences occurred between October 2025 and June 2026 in the Foxwell and Jane streets area.

His photo was released to the public last week and he turned himself in to police on Monday.

Pablo Ramirez Martinez, 32, is charged with two counts of sexual assault, four counts of assault, three counts of mischief obstruct property under $5

Add as a preferred source on Google

Canada Post warns of mail delays in Toronto near FIFA World Cup events

Canada Post says it’s removing some mailboxes and adjusting its service in areas around FIFA World Cup event spaces in Toronto as it anticipates delays in mail processing and delivery.

The postal service says there will likely be minor interruptions during the FIFA Fan Festival in Fort York and game days at Exhibition Place from June 11 to July 19.

It says it will make all efforts to deliver mail on the five weekdays when matches are played, but customers living in affected areas, including neighbourhoods with postal codes starting with M

Add as a preferred source on Google