Israel strikes southern Lebanon but partial truce with Hezbollah appears to hold

Watch: BBC in the southern Lebanese city of Tyre, where a hospital was damaged by an Israeli airstrike

Israel continued its attacks in southern Lebanon on Tuesday, but did not strike Beirut following a partial ceasefire agreement with the Iran-backed armed group Hezbollah.

Lebanon said that, under an agreement announced by US President Donald Trump late on Monday, Israeli forces would not bomb the capital in exchange for Hezbollah not attacking Israel.

It came after Iran said Israeli action in Lebanon jeopardised talks on a deal to end its war with

Reuters Medics treat a patient on a ward at Jabal Amel hospital in the city of Tyre, southern Lebanon, following Israeli air strikes on nearby buildings (2 June 2026)
Continue reading...

Canada formally requests renewal of North American free trade pact

Getty Images An image of Dominic LeBlanc mid speech. He is wearing a suit and has black and gray short hair. Getty Images
Dominic LeBlanc, the minister for Canada-US trade, is in Washington on Tuesday for trade talks

Canada has formally requested a renewal of the North American free trade agreement with the US and Mexico, called the USMCA, as the July deadline to renegotiate the pact looms.

In Tuesday's notice of renewal, Canada-US trade minister Dominic LeBlanc requested that the deal be renewed for another 16 years, calling the agreement "highly beneficial" to all three countries.

It comes as LeBlanc is in Washington


British couple lose Iran jail sentence appeal, family says

Free Lindsay and Craig Campaign A couple on a beach. It is sunny and the sand is white. Behind them are some trees. Free Lindsay and Craig Campaign
Lindsay and Craig Foreman were detained in Iran in 2025

A British couple jailed in Iran on espionage charges have lost an appeal against their 10-year sentence, according to their family.

Lindsay and Craig Foreman were arrested in January 2025 while passing through Iran on a round-the-world motorcycle trip.

They were accused of spying - charges they adamantly deny - and were sentenced in February. Both are currently on hunger strike in Tehran's Evin prison.


South Africa police investigate killing of two Mozambican men

Gallo Images via Getty Images Close up of the backs of police officers standing in formation. The are in uniform and vests with police written on them in white lettering. Gallo Images via Getty Images
South African police on Tuesday said they were investigating the killings of two men from Mozambique

Two men from Mozambique were killed in South Africa's Mossel Bay, authorities have said.

In an earlier statement, the Mozambican government said five of its nationals had been killed "as a direct consequence of xenophobic attacks". But the police in South Africa did not give a motive and an investigation is ongoing.

Tensions have been rising in South Africa in recent weeks following protests calling for tougher action against illegal

Continue reading...

Ghana's anti-LGBTQ+ bill to be scrutinised before approval, president says

Anadolu via Getty Images John Mahama wearing sunglasses and dark grey clothes, walking on Downing Street. Anadolu via Getty Images
Ghanaian President John Mahama's comments came during a visit to the UK

Ghana's new bill criminalising LGBTQ+ activities will undergo scrutiny before it is officially approved, the president has said.

Speaking during a visit to the UK, John Mahama said his legal council and attorney general would "sit on it because it was a private members' motion... [and] not a government bill".

"We will look at it and make sure that everything is in order," Mahama

Continue reading...

Instagram AI chatbot tricked by hackers to give access to others' accounts

Getty Images Instagram's logo displayed on a smartphone, held in someone's hand, with a larger, blurred version of the logo in the background. Getty Images

Instagram says it has resolved an issue which saw hackers trick its AI support tool into giving them access to other users' accounts.

According to claims shown in screenshots and videos shared on social media, Instagram's AI chatbot allowed users to "hijack" accounts in recent days.

Hackers could reportedly change passwords for other accounts by faking their location and then asking the AI to change the emails associated with them.

In a response to another post on X, Stone said claims the vulnerability was used to hack into

Continue reading...

Maga influencer admits London Tube station assault

PA Studio portrait of a woman with long blonde hair, wearing a white top and jewellery, standing against a plain light background PA
Melissa Rein Lively is the founder of a public relations firm

A Donald Trump-supporting influencer and PR executive has admitted to assaulting a woman by pulling her hair at a London Underground station.

Melissa Rein Lively was reported by the woman over the incident at Bond Street station on the evening of 11 October.

Rein Lively, 40, accepted a conditional caution, while an assault by beating charge against her was withdrawn, Westminster Magistrates' Court heard on Tuesday. She

Continue reading...

Cara Delevingne says new music was inspired by getting sober

Getty Images Cara Delevingne wears a navy pinstripe jacket. She is looking over her shoulder and has brown wavy hair. Getty Images
The model and actress has worked with major brands and on Hollywood films

Cara Delevingne says her debut songs are inspired by getting sober and mental health challenges she has faced.

The 33-year-old is known all over the world for her modelling work, and has also acted in major productions including Suicide Squad and Only Murders in the Building.

Now she's moved into the world of music, with her first two songs, I Forgot and Out of My Head, released last Friday.

Delevingne told

Continue reading...

He was a reality show villain. Can he be the mayor of one of America's largest cities?

Los Angeles Times via Getty Images Mayoral candidate Spencer Pratt hosts a campaign Los Angeles Times via Getty Images
Former TV star Spencer Pratt is now vying for a very different role

As one of the stars of MTV's hit show The Hills in the 2000s, Spencer Pratt quickly became one of reality television's favourite villains.

But could the 42-year-old former publicist-turned Celebrity Big Brother contestant soon win himself a new role: mayor of the second largest city in America?

The Republican political outsider has risen in the polls since announcing his intention in

Continue reading...

Sabrina Carpenter gets restraining order against man who showed up at her home

EPA/Shutterstock US musician and actress Sabrina Carpenter poses on the red carpet for the Met Gala in May 2026 EPA/Shutterstock

US pop star Sabrina Carpenter has been granted a temporary restraining order against a man following a series of what she called "deeply alarming" incidents at her home.

In court documents seen by the BBC's US partner CBS, lawyers for Carpenter said she was seeking a full court order against William Applegate, who she alleges tried to force his way into her house in Los Angeles last month and returned twice more.

The singer said the incidents had left her in