Canadians from Gaza flotilla to return to Canada after detainment by Israeli forces

Some of the Canadians who were part of a flotilla attempting to break Israel’s naval blockade of Gaza are set to return to Canada this weekend.

The Canadians were detained by Israeli forces last week and reportedly abused in custody before being sent to Turkey.

Global Sumud Flotilla, the movement’s organizer, says nine of the 12 Canadians who were on the flotilla are scheduled to arrive from Turkey at airports in Montreal, Toronto and Vancouver today and tomorrow.

Global Sumud Flotilla says of the three remaining Canadians, one


Bruno Mars reschedules Toronto concert amid heavy rain

Singer Bruno Mars has rescheduled his Toronto concert due to inclement weather.

The show was scheduled to take place later this evening at Rogers Stadium, which is an open-air venue that holds 50,000 people, but the concert is now being postponed until Sunday, May 31.

“The safety of our guests, artists, crew and staff remains our top priority,” the venue wrote in a statement that was shared by the pop star’s social media accounts. “All previously purchased tickets


Woman found dead in Toronto parking garage, police say

A woman was found dead inside a Toronto parking garage early Saturday morning.

Police were flagged down in the area of Dundas Street and Seaton Street, near Moss Park, just before 9:30 a.m. for a “medical complaint.”

Upon inspection, officers discovered the body of a dead woman inside a nearby parking garage.

Police say the case is classified as “suspicious” and investigation is ongoing.

No other details were provided.

Keep it Factual

Add CityNews Toronto as a trusted source on Google to


Toronto man, 33, faces additional hate crime charge following incident at North York protest

A Toronto man is facing an additional hate crime charge following an incident at a March 2026 protest in North York.

According to investigators, 33-year-old Muhammad Anas Sial was participating in a pro-Palestinian demonstration on March 15 in the area of Sheppard Avenue and Bathurst Street.

Detectives say the accused was one of several attendees who displayed an antisemitic sign at a demonstration in the area.

Sial then allegedly “marched with the sign toward the group of pro-Israeli supporters while shouting derogatory


Kyle Busch died after severe pneumonia progressed into sepsis, his family says

CONCORD, N.C. (AP) — Kyle Busch died after severe pneumonia progressed into sepsis, resulting in rapid and overwhelming complications, according to a statement released by his family.

Dakota Hunter, vice president of Kyle Busch Companies, said in a news release the family received the medical evaluation on Saturday.

Busch, a two-time NASCAR champion, , a day after passing out in a Chevrolet simulator.

Sepsis is considered a life-threatening medical emergency that occurs when the body has an extreme, overactive response


Southern California chemical tank at risk of exploding as 40,000 residents are ordered to evacuate

Authorities are bracing for the possibility that a damaged chemical tank in could leak or explode as an evacuation order continued into the Memorial Day weekend for 40,000 residents with no timeline on when they can return.

No injuries were reported after the pressurized tank overheated Thursday and began venting vapors at a company site in Garden Grove, according to the Orange County Fire Authority. Garden Grove is about 38 miles (61 kilometers) south of downtown Los Angeles. Several shelters remained open Saturday, including at three


Iran and US signal some progress in talks as Trump weighs striking again

ISLAMABAD, Pakistan (AP) — The United States and Iran are close to agreeing on a memorandum of understanding aimed at ending , two regional officials and a diplomat said Saturday, as the United States has weighed a new round of attacks on the Islamic Republic.

Iran signaled “narrowing differences” in with the U.S. after Pakistan’s army chief held more talks in Tehran, and U.S. Secretary of State Marco Rubio told journalists in India that “there’s been some progress made” and


More than $1M worth of jewellery snatched during armed robbery: Toronto police

Toronto police are searching for four masked bandits who allegedly snatched more than $1 million in jewellery during an armed robbery in the downtown core earlier this month.

According to investigators, the men approached two victims who were parked in a vehicle near Spadina Avenue and Bremner Boulevard just before 5 a.m. on May 10 and held them at gunpoint.

Police say the suspects stole jewellery from the victims and then fled the scene in a blue Nissan Rogue with stolen licence plates. They were last seen dressed in dark clothing


An Ebola treatment tent set ablaze again in eastern Congo with 18 suspected cases escaping

BUNIA, Congo (AP) — Angry residents of a town at the in eastern Congo a tent that was part of a health center where people are being treated for the virus, the staff there said Saturday. It was the second such attack in the region in a week.

No one was hurt in the attack, according to initial reports but as patients ran out to escape the fire, 18 people with suspected Ebola infections left the facility and are now unaccounted for, a local hospital director said.

The angry


‘We won’t stop’: Pride Toronto experiencing funding shortage for another year

The party won’t stop for Pride Toronto this year, but money problems could put future events in jeopardy, organizers warn.

As the festival gears up for its 45th anniversary, its executive director, Kojo Modeste, says the organization is once again facing a funding shortfall of $700,000 to 800,000, which could cause serious issues for next year’s festivities.

“Unfortunately, we’re finding ourselves in a very similar situation this year,